What BDOCS and IDOCS.
IDOCS are intermediate documents (normally in text file format) which are used as between SAP and non-SAP system. In a real work, a company may have different systems. So IDOCS are used as a vehicle encapsulate these data so these systems can exchange information.
Eg: During POS, IDOCS are generated and it includes price, number of items, description and etc. Then its transfer ASYNCHRONOUSLY to SAP system. Think of it like excel exporting a file to *.csv and then Outlook can read the *.csv file.
BDOCS on the other hand, is the CRM version of IDOCS. BAPI is another SAP intermediate documents but its used for SYNCHRONOUS transactions.
In the computer world, we called such activity as ELECTONIC DATA INTERCHANCE (EDI)
Most common SPOOL error encountered by BASIS. How do we resolve this issue?
- Execute SM37. You found an error Job. When you double click you found
- You saw the below error
- This error is caused by job spooler is not defined when job creation hence it picks up the job owner’s default output device.
- Since the default output device is no populated on master user record, the job log can’t find the print parameter.
- To resolve the issue, please populate the output device and select your preference for your SAP spool request via transaction code SU3.
- For Output device, you can choose one of SAP printer which has been defined in SAP (you can look at via transaction code SPAD)
- Recommendation: please do not select LOCL if you want to opt ‘Output immediately’. Moreover, this output device is not good for network performance
- Select ‘Output immediately’ if you want to immediate print for every spool request that you create in SAP. Recommendation: do not select this.
- Select ‘Delete After Output’ if you want SAP to delete every spool that you create. Recommendation: do not select this. You can manage your spools e.g. printing, reprinting, deletion, etc via transaction code SP01 as below:
How to create user in SAP
- Execute SU01
- Enter user name and press CREATE (notepad)
- Enter necessary details such as Firstname and Lastname
- Click on Logon Data Tab and enter password a password eg: enjoysap123
- Click Save (floppy disk icon). Now you can informed the user that his/her account has been created.
What is it?
The hit ratio is a mean value that gives a snapshot of a short period of time before the analysis. This value should always be above 95%, even during periods of heavy workload. If the hit ratio is significantly below 95%, the data cache could be too small.
To check the hit ratio:
1. Execute ST04
2. If the hit ratio is below 95%, you will have to increase it.
Salaries for SAP specializations increased 15.2 percent in 2006, according to research released in February by Foote Partners, a New Canaan, Conn., IT workforce research firm. Data from the first two quarters of 2007 suggests little abatement of this trend.
“Right now, anybody who is working in the SAP world, either with functional or technical skills, is doing great,” said Jim Lanzalotto, vice president of strategy and marketing for Yoh, a recruiting and outsourcing firm, based in Philadelphia. “The demands are for specialized skills, and if you’ve got to pick the right market to be a specialist in, the world of SAP is hot.”
ERP-related roles accounted for two of the best-paying IT jobs in the second quarter of 2007, according to the second quarter 2007 Yoh Index of Technology Wages, released July 23. SAP technical consultants came in first, with average hourly pay rates of $85.53, and ERP (enterprise resource planning) functional consultants came in eight dollars behind in second place, at $78.40 per hour.